bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Building Modern Web Applications with Go (Golang)
Learn to program in Go from an award winning university professor
Created by Trevor Sawler, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 13875 students which left 2047 reviews at an average rating of 4.68. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 29 hours 16 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 7 hours 30 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.6/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Learn to write modern, fast, and secure web applications in Google's Go programming language, and learn it from an award winning University professor with 20 years of teaching experience, and 20 years of experience working in the industry as an entrepreneur.
Go is a modern, type safe, compiled, and extremely fast programming language. It it is ideally suited for building safe, scalable, incredibly fast web applications.
This course is well-suited for both absolute beginners, and for developers who already know something about web development, but want to add Go to their toolbox.
The major project in this course is building a bookings and reservation system for a Bed & Breakfast. Visitors to our site will be able to search for accommodations by date and make an online reservation, and the site owner will be able to manage reservations from a secure back end.
By the time you finish this course, you will have a solid grasp of what it takes to build a completely functional, secure, and fast web application from the ground up, and you will have a solid understanding of the Go programming language.
What you will learn
- How to write programs in the Go language (often called Golang)
- How to create HTML pages using HTML5
- How to create and use Cascading Style Sheets
- How to build modern, secure web applications in Google's Go programming language
- How to organize your Go application correctly
- How to write tests in Go
- How to connect to a database in Go
- How to manage sessions in Go
- How to create and use middleware in Go
- How to use 3rd party packages with Go Modules
- How to implement secure user authentication in Go
- Best practices for security in web applications
- How to deploy a Go web application to a live server
- There are no prerequisites for this course. All you need is a computer (Mac, Windows, or Linux) and an Internet connection.