bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Node with React: Fullstack Web Development
Build and deploy fullstack web apps with NodeJS, React, Redux, Express, and MongoDB.
Created by Stephen Grider, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 80407 students which left 14005 reviews at an average rating of 4.55. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 25 hours 49 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 7 hours 30 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.2/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Note: This course assumes you've got the basics of React and Redux down. Check out my course 'Modern React with Redux', its the perfect preparation!
Go beyond the basics of React and Redux! This course will teach you to combine the ultra-popular React, Redux, Express, and MongoDB technologies to build a fullstack web application.
Advanced Deployment? You will learn it. Billing/Payments? Included. Handling Email? Of course!
What Will You Build?
All of my courses are 'learn-by-doing': no boring endless lectures with Powerpoints, only live, interactive coding examples. In this course we'll build one massive web application that profiles the advanced features of React, Redux, Express, and Mongo. By putting each concept into a real app, you'll get a better idea of when to use each unique and powerful feature.
Build a large feedback-collection app. This mega app will include the full gamut of features, including everything from authentication to email handling. You'll learn how to build an app that can be used to send mass emails to a big list of users for the purpose of collecting feedback. It's my goal to ensure you understand each feature we build into this app so you can apply them to your own personal or professional projects in the future.
Here's what we'll learn:
- Learn the architectural considerations of building a full stack app
- Connect a front-end Create-React-App server to a NodeJS and Express backend
- Communicate data from your Mongo database to your React application
- Understand how to route user requests on the front end with React Router and on the backend with Express
- Build reusable user inputs with Redux Form, complete with navigation
- Handle credit cards and receive payments from your users with Stripe
- Engage your users with automated emails
- Enhance authentication flows in your app with Google OAuth authentication
- Separate production and development resources with advanced API key handling techniques
- Educate your users on how to use your app with custom build landing pages
I've built the course that I would have wanted to take when I was learning to build fullstack apps. A course that explains the concepts and how they're implemented in the best order for you to learn and deeply understand them.
What you will learn
- Create boilerplate starter projects with React, Redux, Express, and Mongo
- Understand common web technologies and design patterns to connect them together
- Master deployment techniques between the production and development environments
- Make an app with Google OAuth authentication
- Learn to effectively create and send emails from a backend server
- Accept and process credit card payments from users
- A Mac, Windows, or Linux computer