bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Build a Python REST API with the Django Rest Framework
Connect devices, front ends, other apps, and much more by creating your own REST API. Learn how in this course.
Created by Justin Mitchel, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 3117 students which left 777 reviews at an average rating of 4.3, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 10 hours 8 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 7 hours 30 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 6.1/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
REST APIs Power the Internet
How does Apple Maps have Yelp listings?
How does Tinder get Facebook user profiles?
How does Amazon Alexa know the latest news?
These questions get to the core of how powerful REST APIs can be: it allows for websites to communicate with each other without any human interaction.
Building a REST API isn't just about connecting with third party services, it's also about:
- Adding Authentication, Registration, Databases, and more to your Mobile App, IOT Device, TV app, Car app, and more
- Connecting your own web apps with each other
- Creating micro-services
- Adding a backend for Angular, React, iOS Apps, Android apps, and more
- Simplifying the process of separating your backend from your frontend
- Making it easier to build additional services with new developers
This course will teach you step-by-step exactly how to build a REST API
We'll cover the concepts first, then we'll go into build a PURE DJANGO REST API, then we'll use the Django REST Framework to build a REST API.
What you will learn
- What is an API?
- What is a REST API?
- How to build your own REST API
- A deeper understanding of Django
- A deep understanding of the Django Rest Framework
- A deep understanding of JWT and authentication with the Django Rest Framework
- Building an REST API with Python
- Some Python Experience
- Some Django Experience