bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Art of Storytelling (Early Childhood Educators)
Learn about effective Storytelling Techniques, Methods and How to create and plan relevant classroom activities
Created by Veenu Gupta, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 361 students which left 45 reviews at an average rating of 4.6, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 3 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 31 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.7/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Stories have been around since the beginning of time, passed down to us in oral and written form and are the easiest way to connect. It is proven and universally acknowledged that stories are very effective way to communicate and learning through stories is fun.
This course explains about the importance of Storytelling and how it becomes a great learning activity for children. It also explains about various effective Storytelling techniques and methods which help children improve their listening, literacy, creative and thinking skills. When someone narrates a story to young children, they learn various sounds, words and sentence formation.
This is a course designed for aspiring teachers to enhance their skills in the art of storytelling. It will help them create interesting stories and keep children engaged in the classroom. Parents/ Carers will learn creative ways of narrating a story that helps in strengthening their relationship with the child.
You will also learn about creative props and classroom setups used in Storytelling which really enrich the experience and encourage a pleasant involvement with books and stories for young children. These can help to draw children's attention into the stories and enrich their understanding of the story.
Selecting appropriate story books for children of different age groups is very important.For reading to or with children, we should select picture books with strong storylines and character development. For the child who is reading independently, choose a book with a straight forward story employing words that will be familiar from everyday use.
What you will learn
- The importance of Storytelling and engaging classroom activities which help in enhancing children listening, literacy and creative skills
- The five basic and important elements of a story
- A good understanding of effective Storytelling Techniques and Methods that makes a story engaging for the audience like children at home & students in the class
- Create classroom setups for Storytelling based on themes - Forest, Halloween, Construction Vehicles and In the Ocean
- Make creative and colourful props using various kind of material like felt, foam, paper, cotton, thread and wood
- Narrating a story - " Journey of a seed to a plant" in your own words using creative, attractive puppets called " Kathpotlis"
- Curiosity about learning effective techniques & methods for Storytelling
- Interest in Creative Art Work and making your own story using creative props & teaching resources for your children