bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Build 11 Engaging eLearning Scenarios - Now!
Build your portfolio and get hands-on experience alongside the instructor as you design real training!
Created by Mike Hughes, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 1003 students which left 66 reviews at an average rating of 4.15, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 31 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 31 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.5/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
No more boring, ineffective eLearning! It doesn't have to be that way. Build 11 Engaging eLearning Scenarios - Now! presents current and aspiring eLearning designers with instructional design techniques for eLearning development and hands-on projects for how eLearning can and will drive change in your organization. By the end of this course, you will have design ideas that turn common, but ineffective activities into transferrable and memorable training experiences, and you will understand what makes an activity truly effective for on-the-job performance. Break away from the old ways of training!
We will be using Articulate Storyline, but you can use any authoring tool you have access to, including PowerPoint with iSpring. Note: this course does not teach how to use Storyline or any other authoring tool! However, I will be more than happy to answer questions about how a Design Challenge was designed.
In this course, you will:
1. Be provided with the opportunity to take part in 11 Design Challenges using the interactive and modern eLearning principles you learn in this course. Then, compare your results to the instructor's and other students' projects!
2. Expand your Portfolio as you complete 11 Design Challenges
3. Receive an overview of Agile instructional design techniques to stay current with eLearning trends
4. Explore the principles of effective eLearning design
5. Learn how to think through the process of recognizing an ineffective instructional method, and then improving it to a highly authentic training experience
What you will learn
- Use learner-centric methodologies to build unique and engaging eLearning
- Identify ineffective and weak learning activities and transform them into great ones
- Understand modern Agile instructional design techniques
- Know the difference between Training and Education
- Employ Challenge First training methodology
- Use Microlearning training methodology
- Recognize Good Intention, Bad Delivery activities
- Employ Story-based learning
- Use authentic and alternative assessment methods
- Determine where your courses really finish
- Be familiar with at least one authoring tool, such as PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Lectora, etc. Free trials work fine!
- Have a basic knowledge of Instructional Design
- Have a strong desire to build unique learning experiences