bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Open-Source Contribution: Guide for Developers
Upskill your Portfolio by becoming a Professional Open-Source Contributor
Created by Siddharth Srinivasan, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 100 students which left 7 reviews at an average rating of 4.79, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 3 hours 52 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 59 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.1/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
The Open-Source ecosystem is booming and is driving innovation at a much faster pace. Open-Source is the best means for developers and techies to showcase their skills and constantly update themselves with the latest trends and rapidly evolving tech landscape.
Utilize your ability to code and build solutions, and take it to the next level by grooming yourself into becoming an Open-Source Contributor.
As your progress on your Contribution streak, you:
Enhance your developer profile by showcasing your skills to potential leads
Monetize on your new-found skill to generate an additional revenue stream
Take advantage of potential Open-Source initiatives and sponsorship opportunities
pick up other learnings such as
The best software development practices and design patterns used
Interact, communicate and collaborate more effectively with project owners, maintainers and other contributors as well
Familiarize yourself with Build pipelines, Task automation, and Testing tools such as for Code Quality, Coverage, etc.
Note: Previous background in programming and software development is expected, so please ensure the same before enrolling in this course.
What you will learn
- Contribute to several popular Open-Source Projects.
- Utilize this skill to Strengthen their Professional Resume and Technical Portfolio!
- Monetize your contributions and generate an additional Income Stream.
- Take advantage of Oppurtunities geared towards Open-Source Contributors!
- Use Git and GitHub effectively as you progress with your Contribution Streak.
- Development Machine with Windows/MacOS/Linux
- Programming software/build tools for your language of choice
- Git software installed on the machine
- Decent internet connection
- Reasonable background in Programming and Software Development