bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
PLC Programming - Learn the basics with CoDeSys
This course will provide anyone with the basic knowledge and tools to write PLC applications and software from scratch
Created by Marco Nucci, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 1680 students which left 482 reviews at an average rating of 4.58, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 7 hours 14 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 59 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 6.3/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
This course will allow anyone to learn the basics on how to program a PLC.
It is not necessary to have any previous experience because all the concepts will be clearly explained from the basics.
We will use CoDeSys, a development environment to write our PLC programs and we will use its simulation functionality to interact with processes and applications without the actual need of a real PLC.
At the end of the course you will be able to write your PLC applications and software and to apply automation programming patterns to write quality code.
This knowledge will allow you to pursue different careers in the industrial automation field.
What you will learn
- You will learn what a PLC is, how it works and all its internal mechanisms
- You will be able to write PLC software and applications on your own and to start your career in industrial automation
- You will learn all the characteristics and definitions of the IEC 61131-3 standard
- You will learn all the IEC 61131-3 languages (ST, LD, FBD, SFC) and see the pros and cons of all of them
- You will have exercises and practical examples available, accompanied by graphic simulations, for targeted and effective learning
- You will learn to use the CoDeSys 3 development environment in its entirety and you will be able to use it to develop applications for different platforms
- You will learn the "best practices" and the main programming patterns for industrial automation that help developers write quality software
- There are no mandatory requirements for this course. A basic knowledge of electronics and computer science may help you, but a technical mentality and a desire to learn is all you need for this course.
- It is not necessary to have a physical PLC, or to have software already installed on your PC.