bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Programming Applications with Python: Working with Files
Discover how to read and create files and directories in Python, and how Python is used for data collection and exploration.
Created by Jeygopi P, offered on FutureLearn
On this course, you’ll start to develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully launch a career in programming or software development, learning how to program applications using Python.
You’ll study alongside industry experts at Github, giving you the confidence and competitive advantage to work in or manage development teams.Explore how to read and create files
On this first course of the ExpertTrack, you’ll examine best practise for reading and creating files and directories in Python.
You’ll discover how to copy, move, rename, and archive existing files, as well as how Python is used for data analysis, including data collection, wrangling, and exploration.
You’ll come away with the ability to perform key elements of data analysis using Python, and ready to tackle the second course in the series.Get in-demand skills in programming with Python
As the global importance of the online world increases, there is ever-growing demand for programmers with cutting-edge development skills – and especially programmers with training in Python.
Python is the most-popular programming language in the world, driving crucial web services such as Google, Dropbox, and Instagram, as well as many web applications and academic data analyses.
- Career changers looking for an entry-level role as a programmer.
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand the versatility of Python.
- Technology team leaders, looking to better understand key concepts to more effectively manage development teams
On this ExpertTrack we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
What you will learn
- Articulate best practices for working files
- Identify key elements of data analysis using Python
- Career changers looking for an entry-level role as a programmer. Established technology professionals looking to better understand the versatility of Python. Technology team leaders, looking to better understand key concepts to more effectively manage development teams
FutureLearn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012. It offers everything from regular online courses to full online degrees, offered in partnership with dozens of universities globally. With close to 5 million monthly visitors, it’s a popular choice for many.