bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Principles of Software Architecture
How to become a Software Architect
Created by Jason Banks, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 135 students which left 20 reviews at an average rating of 3.6, which is below the average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 37 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 58 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 3.3/10, which makes it an below average course. Overall, there are most likely better courses available for this topic on our platform.
In this course, I present valuable principles on key development issues that go way beyond technology. I offer advice for communicating with stakeholders, eliminating complexity, empowering developers, and other piratical lessons through my experience.
Among the 40 principles in this course, you'll find useful advice such as:
- Don't put your resume ahead of your requirements.
- Chances are, your biggest problem isn't technical.
- Communication is king.
- Simplicity before generality.
- Use before reuse.
- It's never too early to think about performance.
To be successful as a software architect, you need to master both business and technology. This course tells you what is important and how to approach a project. If you want to enhance your career, take this course.
What you will learn
- Students will be able to demonstrate their software development experiences.
- Students will be able to identify metrics that provide transparency into the status of business objectives and goals, platform health and quality trends.
- Students will be able to create a compelling vision, align people on that vision, and let their fingerprints be all over the results.
- Students will be able to help the team be successful while building relationships and mutual trust.
- Students will be educated and informed, but not derailed by shiny objects.
- Students will recognize that collaboration is the key to achieving great things that you could never do alone.
- Students will create a continuous improvement mindset.
- You should know how to develop a software application.