bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
User Story Mapping Simplified
A comprehensive guide to User Story Maps
Created by Seema Pradhan, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 108 students which left 11 reviews at an average rating of 4.8, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 33 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 59 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.3/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
- Are you looking for a comprehensive course on user story maps?
- Have you been eager to learn about user story maps but wondering why there are so few courses dedicated to user story map?
- Are you better able to understand the concepts through interesting examples, diagrams & visual effects?
If you relate to one or more of the above criteria then this course is for you.
This course on user story maps is delivered with crystal clear communication.
By the end of the course, you will learn about:
- Where does user story map fit in the big picture of product lifecycle
- How to build user story map from scratch
- Different ways in which you can use user story maps
- What not to do with the user story maps
The course begins with an example and systematically takes you through all the steps of building user story map using the example. Throughout the course, you will have questions that prompt you to pause and reflect and quizzes to assess your knowledge. The course also has one major assignment where you have an opportunity to apply everything you learned about user story map. The solution given for the assignment will enable you with the thought process that goes into building a map.
The diagrams and the visual effects help you focus on the exact part of the presentation that the trainer is conveying.
Here's just few feedback of the students received for the other courses by the same instructor:
"Clear concept description :)"
"Great job ! Great explanation of all patterns !"
"It's really an awesome course. Instructors approach of explaining consequences and solutions is very good and different situations has been explained"
"Your pedagogy skills are amazing, and i have to say that i love your teaching style, everything is so clear and detailed, exactly what i wait for, as a learner. I already knew these patterns but Not as much as you made me understand the deep of some, always by using your smooth progressive/near learner, and logical approach. I really want to point out, how much learning with your course is pleasant and kind of easy. I'd like to thank you for being part of the instructors here, and i hope one day you will create, the same way, a course about the other (GoF) Design Patterns, and then, still other courses about software Design subjects. Be sure i'll be there to pick them again ! :)"
"Wow, i'm amazed This course is really well done. I have tried so many books to understand design patters, even for dummie books, but not was really working for me. The diagrams and the visual effects help you focus on the exact part of the presentation that the trainer is conveying....Thank you for this wonderfull course, i'll recomend it to all my friends"
Though the course is primarily for product owners and business analysts, anyone who is willing to learn about user story maps can take advantage of the course.
Join the course with a visually stimulating and engaging content!
What you will learn
- Discover how user story map fits in the big picture
- Distinguish between product discovery and delivery in the context of user story map
- Map each stage of product discovery to user story map
- Build foundation needed to develop Journey maps and personas
- Relate journey maps and persona to user story map
- Build user story map from scratch
- Generate user stories from user story map
- Determine MVP release from user story map
- Apply advanced cases of user story maps such as handling branching etc
- Identify anti-patterns in user story maps
- Familiarity with agile project