bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
How to Install and Configure OPC Client/Server Software
Learn how to install and configure OPC Client/Server software applications
Created by Emile Ackbarali, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 2874 students which left 809 reviews at an average rating of 4.6, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 4 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 59 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 6.8/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
The key to getting ahead in the process automation field is to acquire higher value added skills. You have to gain knowledge on subjects like programmable logic controllers, intelligent devices, data communications, and enterprise plant software solutions.
One of the key skills that will make you very valuable is knowing how to connect plant devices to enterprise software such as human machine interfaces and historians.
And to do that you will need to have a practical working knowledge of the technology called OPC and that is what this course will give you.
By the end of this course, you will be able to install and configure OPC software to connect data from plant devices to enterprise software. You will be able to add significant value to your organization or your clients making you a very valuable team member.
And the more valuable you are, the more income you can command.
What you will learn
- Have an appreciation of the reason OPC was developed
- Understand how OPC is able to achieve cross-platform software integration
- Become aware of the various OPC specifications
- Be able to choose the appropriate OPC software application based on technical needs
- Understand the structure of OPC DA and HDA
- Download and configure an OPC server application and connect with it using an OPC client application
- Simulate an OPC conversation using a Modbus slave simulator
- Configure an OPC server application to communicate with a physical programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Connect an HMI OPC Client to the OPC Server and link graphics
- Basic working knowledge of the Modbus RTU protocol.
- Familiarity with the installation of software applications on the Windows OS platform.