bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Microsoft SQL for Beginners
A comprehensive course to teach you how to complete SQL queries using Microsoft SQL Server and the T-SQL language.
Created by Brewster Knowlton, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 65609 students which left 17726 reviews at an average rating of 4.53. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 3 hours 59 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 7 hours 53 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.1/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Do you want to learn a skill that can help you earn nearly $100,000 per year? If so, then this course is for you!
SQL (Structured Query Language) is the language we use to interact with databases that store data. This allows us to retrieve data with ease and simplicity. As terms like business intelligence and big data become more familiar, businesses will need more people to learn the SQL language.
This course will teach you how to use the SQL language within Microsoft SQL Server, one of the most popular database engines in the world.
You will have plenty of video lessons to teach you the majority of the content. Each section includes practice problems or additional e-books to help reinforce what you learn in the video tutorials.
What you will learn
- Complete literal SELECT statements.
- Complete basic SELECT statements querying against a single table
- Filter data using the WHERE clause
- Sort data using the ORDER BY clause
- Learn about database design and normalization
- Using joins, return columns from multiple tables in the same query
- Understand the difference between the INNER JOIN, LEFT/RIGHT OUTER JOIN, and FULL OUTER JOIN
- Complete SQL statements that use aggregate functions
- Group data together using the GROUP BY clause
- Filter groups of data using the HAVING clause
- I assume you have absolutely NO SQL or database background before taking this course.
- You will need to have a Windows-based computer to run Microsoft SQL Server.