bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Your Essential Guide to University Life
Prepare for university. Explore everyday life as a student: eating, sleeping, socialising, budgeting and developing life skills.
Created by Sarah West, offered on FutureLearn
What do you think university life is like?
You probably have many questions about what to expect. This course will help you prepare for the best possible start, wherever you go.
You’ll hear practical advice on how to navigate university life from current students and staff as they give you an insight into the expectations vs reality, the support available and common questions about what’s ahead.
Develop an action plan as you progress through the course and take it with you as a resource to guide you through those first few weeks and help make the most of the opportunities university has to offer.
This course is designed for anyone considering or soon to be enrolling at university.
Parents and supporters may also find this course useful to gain a better understanding of what living at university entails, and the sources of support that are available to students throughout their undergraduate career.
What you will learn
- Compare the different expectations of students in further and higher education
- Explore ways of managing personal finances when it comes to researching accommodation, food and working with budgets
- Contribute to online discussions about shared experiences to help deepen understanding and further knowledge
- Develop confidence in the type of support and resources available to students at their chosen university
- Identify opportunities to develop skills during your time at university
- This course is designed for anyone considering or soon to be enrolling at university.
- Parents and supporters may also find this course useful to gain a better understanding of what living at university entails, and the sources of support that are available to students throughout their undergraduate career.
FutureLearn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012. It offers everything from regular online courses to full online degrees, offered in partnership with dozens of universities globally. With close to 5 million monthly visitors, it’s a popular choice for many.