bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
40 Tips on Making a Great Online Course
Free Course: 40 Lessons I wish I knew when I started teaching online.
Created by Chris Haroun, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 50420 students which left 1790 reviews at an average rating of 4.75. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 19 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 3 hours 13 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.1/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
This is a free course to help you save time and money when creating your online courses. Learn from my mistakes. Creating an online course is easier than you think; in this course I will humbly teach you how to work smarter (not harder) by discussing 40 tips/best practices I have learned the hard way teaching online over the past 12 months.
Topics we will cover include:
· Technology to use to make your online courses
· What should you teach?
· Structure of your courses
· Delivery (how you present/teach)
· Promoting your course
· Customer/student communications (the customer is always right)
· Legal issues (protect your intellectual property)
· What to do if your course isn’t selling
· The easiest way ever to write a book version of your course!
· And much more...
Please learn from my many mistakes teaching online, so I can save you time and money. In this course are 40 mistakes I made and I want you to learn from my many failures so you can get your course up and running quickly. Making an online course is so much easier than you think as you already have everything single thing that you need to build something far bigger than yourself. : )
What you will learn
- Understand solutions to 40 common online teaching problems, including advice on:
- 1: Video Quality Time Savers
- 2: Audio Quality Time Savers
- 3: Computer & Editing Software
- 4: Storage and Backups
- 5: Preparing to Record Your First Course
- 6: Re-recording Beats Over-editing
- 7: What My Video Recording Studio Looks Like
- 8: Everyone Has A Skill They Love and Can Teach
- 9: Teaching from Your Heart First
- 10 How to Know What Course to Teach Next
- 11: Adding Structure to Your Courses
- 12: Adding (Even More) Exercises
- 13: Slide Structure (Less is More)
- 14: Quality Control
- 15: Course Image, Name and Trailer
- 16: Delivery (How You Present)
- 17: Optimal Voice Strategy
- 18: Edutainment Works
- 19: Authenticity
- 20: Best Udemy Instructor to Use as a Role Model for Production Quality and Delivery
- 21: Best Udemy Instructor to Use as a Role Model for Creative Genius/Content Delivery
- 22: Promoting Your Course
- 23: Monthly Promotion Timing
- 24: Being Consistent with Your Promotions
- 25: Advertising Your Courses
- 26: Customer/Student Communications (The Customer is ALWAYS Right)
- 27: Dealing with Negative Customer Reviews
- 28: Automatic (Welcome & Thank You) Messages
- 29: Answering Questions from Students
- 30: Legal Issues: Piracy and Monitoring News Stories on Your Courses
- 31: Copyrighting Your Course (Meaning the Content Can’t be Copied…Not the Name)
- 32: Trademarking Your Course Name (Meaning Protecting the Name and Not the Content)
- 33: Teaching on Non-Udemy Platforms: Udemy is Google and Everyone Else is Bing
- 34: What to Do if Your Course Isn’t Selling
- 35: Am I Breaking the Rules?
- 36: Should I Quit My Job and Teach Full Time?
- 37: Time to Market
- 38: The Easiest Way Ever to Write a Book Version of Your Courses!!!!
- 39: It Takes Time…Rome Wasn't Built in a Day
- 40: Foreign Translation of Courses & Closed Captions
- Nothing. This free course is for anyone that wants to teach online.