bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Complete Cyber Security Course : Network Security!
Volume 2 : Network Security, WiFi Security, WiFi Hackers, Firewalls, Wireshark, Secure Networking. + Password Managers
Created by Nathan House, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 147168 students which left 13576 reviews at an average rating of 4.56. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 12 hours 26 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 28 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.8/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Become a cyber security specialist.
After this course, you will be able to discover security vulnerabilities across an entire network, by using network hacking techniques and vulnerability scanning.
You will be able to architect your network for maximum security and prevent local and remote attacks. We also cover the use of custom router firmware to provide you with better network security services.
You will understand the various types of firewalls that are available and what threats each help mitigate.
Including layer 4 firewalls like Iptables on Linux and PF on MacOS and BSD. Virtual firewalls, host-based firewalls and application based firewalls like Pfsence. We cover firewalls on all platforms including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux for all types of use scenarios.
We explore in detail wireless security, the configurations that are required for maximum security and why. How Wi-Fi is hacked and how to mitigate those attacks. Covering everything from encryption weaknesses to evil twins, RF isolation, and Wi-Fi crackers.
You will master network monitoring to discover and identify potential hackers, malware and other adversaries that might be lurking on your network. Using tools like Wireshark, Tcpdump and Syslog.
We then move away from network security and onto the details of how we are tracked online by corporations, nation-states your ISP and others. You will understand the techniques used like zombie super cookies, browser fingerprinting and how browser profiling works so third parties can establish who you are online.
We look at search engine privacy - and how to mitigate the tracking and privacy issues of search engines and their associated services.
Browser security - We cover one of the largest risks online, the browser. The doorway into your system. How to best reduce the attack surface of the browser and harden it for maximum security and privacy. A critical consideration for reducing your risk.
Finally you will fully understand how to best use methods of authentication including passwords and multi-factor authentication - soft tokens and hard tokens.
The best password managers to use and why. How passwords are cracked, and how to mitigate the cracking.
This is volume 2 of 4 of your complete guide to cyber security privacy and anonymity.
What you will learn
- An advanced practical skill-set in assuring network security against all threats including - advanced hackers, trackers, exploit kits, Wi-Fi attacks and much more.
- In this volume, we take a detailed look at network security.
- Start a career in cyber security. Become a cyber security specialist.
- The very latest up-to-date information and methods.
- Discover security vulnerabilities across an entire network, by using network hacking techniques and vulnerability scanning.
- You will be able to configure firewalls on all platforms including Windows, MacOS, and Linux for all types of attack scenarios.
- Learn to configure and architect a small network for maximum physical and wireless security.
- Perform network monitoring to discover and identify potential hackers and malware using tools like Wireshark, Tcpdump, and Syslog.
- Understand how we are tracked online by corporations, nation-states your ISP and others.
- We look at search engine privacy - we will best understand how to mitigate the tracking and privacy issues of search engines and their associated services.
- Understand how to best use methods of authentication including passwords, multi-factor authentication including soft tokens and hard tokens.
- What are the best password managers to use and why. How passwords are cracked, and how to mitigate the password attacks.
- A certificate of completion is available signed by the instructor Nathan House so CPE credits can be claimed. An off-site sign-up is required to provide your details for this optional certificate.
- This course is designed for personal and home cyber security, privacy and anonymity. Most of the topics apply in the same way to a business, but the course is delivered as if to an individual for personal cyber security, privacy, and anonymity.
- It is recommended that you watch volume 1 of this complete course before watching this volume (2) although it is not required.
- Most items referenced in this course are free. But you may elect to purchase additional software, hardware and services discussed in the course. Although It is absolutely not necessary to buy anything to understand and follow the course.
- You should have a basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Please note this is volume 2 of 4 of the complete course. After the completion of all 4 volumes, you will know more than 80% of security professionals, government and law enforcement agents and even expert hackers about maintaining security, privacy, and anonymity.