bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Wireshark: Packet Analysis and Ethical Hacking: Core Skills
From basic to advanced network analysis using Wireshark! Ethical Hacking using Kali Linux: Passwords, Security, Protocol
Created by David Bombal, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 215379 students which left 6399 reviews at an average rating of 4.63. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 14 hours 16 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 28 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.1/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Learn Wireshark practically. Wireshark pcapng files provided so you can practice while you learn! There is so much to learn in this course:
- Capture Telnet, FTP, TFTP, HTTP passwords.
- Replay VoIP conversations.
- Capture routing protocol (OSPF) authentication passwords.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Free software.
- Free downloadable pcapng files.
- Answer quiz questions.
The course is very practical. You can practice while you learn!
Learn how to analyze and interpret network protocols and leverage Wireshark for what it was originally intended: Deep Packet Inspection and network analysis.
I also show you have to hack network protocols using Kali Linux! Hack network protocols like DTP, VTP, STP and DHCP using Ethical hacking tools included in Kali Linux.
Updates: Now includes Python scripting to automatically capture packets from the network using tshark. Lean how to automate your captures and learn how to hack the network using Python and Wireshark.
Protocols we capture and discuss in this course include:
What you will learn
- Learn how to troubleshoot networks using Wireshark.
- Capture VoIP, OSPF, HTTP, Telnet and many other protocols using Wireshark.
- Learn how to use Wireshark for Ethical hacking.
- Improve your job prospects by adding Wireshark to your resume.
- Understand and interpret network protocols.
- Hack Network Protocols using Kali Linux
- Computer capable of running Wireshark.
- Internet connection so you can work online.