bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Learn from AWS technical instructors about the AWS Platform, global infrastructure, security, and the core services.
Created by Amazon Web Services (AWS), offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 75169 students which left 19535 reviews at an average rating of 4.47. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 3 hours 23 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 28 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.0/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Introduction to AWS Core Services introduces you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides IT technical end users with basic fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements.
This course has been developed by AWS, and is delivered by AWS technical instructors who teach cloud computing courses around the globe. Whether you are just starting out, building on existing IT skills, or advancing your Cloud knowledge, this course is a great way to expand your journey in the Cloud.
Cloud computing provides a simple way to access servers, storage, databases and a broad set of application services over the Internet. A Cloud services platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), owns and maintains the network-connected hardware required for these application services, while you provision and use what you need via a web application.
AWS began offering its technology infrastructure platform in 2006. At this point, AWS has over a million active customers using AWS in every imaginable way.
This course is approximately 4.0 hours long in total, and will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor lectures
- Video demonstrations
- Knowledge checks
What you will learn
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Grasp the foundational servers, including Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Learn about the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Use AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Fundamental understanding of IT, storage, databases, and networking.