bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Excel: From beginner to intermediate
Learn the skills that Microsoft want you to know in Excel.
Created by Phillip Burton, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 70950 students which left 4402 reviews at an average rating of 4.53. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 11 hours 45 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 5 hours 28 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.8/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
What do others like you think of this course?
"Prior to doing this course Excel has always scared the heck out of me! I never expected to learn so much and am amazed by all the things that can be done using excel. It's so much more than just formulas! The course is really well presented and makes the whole learning experience comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you so much for putting together such a great course. I've already signed up to the intermediate to advanced excel course and I look forward to learning more about Microsoft Word in the future too... I imagine there are all orts of neat little tricks that I had no idea about!" -- Adam Shipley
"Phillip is a brilliant teacher of Excel . His explanations are clear , in-depth and very comprehensive" - xlongFx
"Awesome organization of course and well presented. I really loved the course. Of course as I am using excel for many years in work I was quite aware and using many features, but there are many details which helped me to polish my excel skills." - Manjunath Hirennavar
In this 11 hour course, learn how to:
Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
Create and navigate in Excel worksheets and workbooks,
Format worksheets and workbooks,
Customize options and views, and
Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks for distribution.
Manage data cells and ranges
Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and
Summarise and organize data in Excel .
Create and manage tables,
Manage table styles and options, and
Filter and sort a table.
Perform operations with Excel formulas and functions
Perform conditional operations, and
Format and modify text.
Excel Formulas such as COUNTIF, SUMIF, MIN etc. are translated into 15 different languages.
Create charts and objects
Format graphic elements, and
Insert and format objects in Excel .
The course will take about 10 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
What you will learn
- Create, configure and save Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Navigate through and format worksheets and workbooks.
- Customise options and views for worksheets and workbooks.
- Configure Excel worksheets and workbooks to print (e.g. page setup).
- Insert data into and format cells and ranges, and create and modify tables.
- Highlight, filter, sort and group cells, ranges and tables.
- Create and format Excel charts.
- Insert and format objects, including modifying images.
- Create formulas in Excel, including using conditional logic and modifying text.
- Before beginning, you will need to know how to use a Windows computer, including a mouse.
- It would be good if you have used Microsoft Excel before, but this is not essential.
- You should have the latest version of MS Excel installed on your computer. This is Excel 2019 or Office 2019, or the version of Excel included in the Office 365 subscription.