bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Aikido ABC - Vol 1. Body preparation
Traditional Aikido from the ground up. How to build a sound foundation for your Aikido practice.
Created by Bjorn Säw, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 126 students which left 17 reviews at an average rating of 4.6, which is below the average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 48 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 13 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 4.7/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Welcome to the premiere course of Aikido ABC - Vol 1. In this initial program we will focus on the body preparation for all the Aikido work coming later in course Vol 2-5.
This ‘warm-up’ will include:
1. The traditional Japanese whole-body Aikido Calisthenics.
2. Basic core strengthening exercises. Waist, hips and legs.
3. Kokyu-Ryoko: How to train soft strength. Breath power.
4. Connection. Stretch and pull your tendon and fascia connective tissue to create a strong yet supple connected body.
All four exercises blend, complement and inform each other yet each can be done in isolation by itself.
*Remember that personal hands-on teaching from a qualified instructor is invaluable in order to fully grasp the inner methods of practice.
What you will learn
- You will learn about your body through traditional exercises meant to create a centred, balanced and dynamic body
- With four different but complimentary solo exercises you will gain an unprecedented understanding of your own body.
- By easy, in-depth step by step instruction you will soon begin to feel the positive changes in your experience.
- Because everyone works within their own limits, everyone can join in.
- No matter what age these exercises will help your general health.
- Big or small, we can all benefit from these traditional exercises.