bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Scrum Product Owner
Scrum Product Owner
Created by Stone River eLearning, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 1274 students which left 316 reviews at an average rating of 4.4, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 3 hours 52 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 3 hours 13 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.4/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
The Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC) course teaches the project and product managers on how to maximize the return on investment (ROI) and optimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) of products and systems. The course enables the students to work in an agile environment and main focus on the product requirements to manage the product outcome. This course prepares the candidates to use such tools that help the product managers to translate requirements to the development team to achieve the optimum results. The course also covers the user stories, ordering and organizing strategies, and product backlog refining. The course helps the product owners to develop a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products and this knowledge derives from early stakeholder management to release planning and delivery.
This course is based on the practical training and real world techniques that the candidates can implement immediately at their workplace. The students are able to gain a better understanding of all of the advantages Scrum has to offer specifically in product development. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let the students experience the benefits of Scrum.
PMI, Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP), PMP, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), CAPM, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), PMI-RMP, PMBOK, PgMP, PULSE OF THE PROFESSION, THE PMI TALENT TRIANGLE and The PMI REP Logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
What you will learn
- Properly plan the product development by focusing on high value features
- Effectively and efficiently incorporate new features into the product during the project lifecycle
- Write user stories to clearly articulate the who, what, and the how
- Assess business value and establish an initial priority for product development
- Conduct key meetings in Scrum to verify what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint
- Differentiate a good user story from a bad one and create a better product backlog
- Ensure that the right features are being implemented for the right reasons at the right time
- Track development team progress and make more informed prioritization decisions
- Improve your team's trust and reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery
- Rapidly respond to changing market conditions
- There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however, the students are recommended to read the Scrum Guide prior to registering for this course.