bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Better management through understanding yourself
Learn how to manage and lead a team through first knowing and understanding yourself as a manager.
Created by Christa Van Greuning, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 12370 students which left 1048 reviews at an average rating of 3.8, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 42 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 3 hours 13 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 6.8/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
One of the most complicated and challenging tasks facing any manager, new or experienced, is managing people. Getting a team of distinctly diverse employees to come together and deliver superior work is hard. The workplace is complex and diverse. It is always changing and being able to adapt to these changes is crucial to being a successful manager. Be a better manager: Better management through understanding yourself provides the skills and understanding that will enable you to develop high-performing and effective teams of satisfied and productive people by first getting to know yourself, your beliefs and your values.
An organization cannot reach its goals and objectives without effective, efficient and productive people. Building strong successful teams is therefore of great importance. Great teams of employees are created through exceptional leadership and management. Being an exceptional manager and leader starts with understanding and managing yourself.
During this course you will learn:
- How to develop self-awareness
- How to develop and use emotional intelligence
- How to develop and apply assertiveness
- How to examine and adjust your limiting assumptions
- How to develop you personal and professional values
- How to develop your professional mission statement and managerial goals
What you will learn
- Better manage and lead your team of employees by developing an understanding of yourself as a manager and leader.
- Develop self-awareness by utilizing the tools taught in this course.
- Clarify your personal as well as professional values.
- Develop you personal mission statement and professional goals.
- Examine and adjust limiting assumptions that you might currently have about your employees.
- Learn to develop and apply assertiveness to your benefit.
- Use and develop your emotional intelligence.
- There are no requirements for this course.
- I only ask that you come open minded and ready to learn.