bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Manager's Guide to Effective One on One Meetings
Frameworks and strategies to hold effective 1:1 meetings to help you grow and develop your employees
Created by Shelley Osborne, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 27209 students which left 7282 reviews at an average rating of 4.65. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 18 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 3 hours 13 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.9/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
One on one meetings don't have the best reputation. They're rarely structured and often don't feel very productive or rewarding. As a result, many managers end up dreading their one on one meetings, or not holding them at all. Yet one on ones are crucial to making your employees feel valued, giving them a space work through problems with their manager, give and receive feedback, and grow and develop their career. As a manager, you might be wondering how you can make your one on ones more productive, more structured, and more rewarding, for both yourself and your employees, but don't know where to start.
In this course, the Udemy Learning and Development team shares frameworks and strategies, as well as tools and resources you can use to make your one on ones not only effective, but excellent.
In "The Manager's Guide to Effective One on One Meetings," you will gain:
- An understanding of the different types of one on ones and their purpose.
- Concrete tools and tips that you can implement in your one on ones today.
- Worksheets that you can use with your direct reports to help them with their day-to-day projects and career development.
- Frameworks to make it easier to give feedback to your employees.
Holding effective one on ones is a crucial management skill that makes your team more productive in reaching company goals, and each of your team members more happy in their day-to-day work.
In this course, you will not only hear best practices for holding one on ones from Udemy's Head of Learning & Development, Shelley Osborne, but also get tactical tips from some of Udemy's best managers.
We're thrilled to invite you to be a part of this engaging online training!
What you will learn
- Adopt the role of mentor or coach to better support your direct reports with their short-term projects as well as their career development
- Learn the GLO model for different types of 1:1s and how to set them up to be most effective
- Access new tools and frameworks that you can use in your 1:1s.
- You should be (or soon become) a people manager.