bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Learn about Current Digital Workplace Trends
Understand how digital technology influences our lives and the way we work, with the IOC and the University of Leeds.
Created by Sophie Pendrell, offered on FutureLearn
The current digital workplace is fast-moving and presents an ever-changing job market.
On this two-week course, you’ll discover why digital skills are so important, and the type of job roles that lean heavily on this knowledge.
Guided by industry experts, you’ll learn how to keep on top of digital trends to help you thrive in the workplace.Future-proof your career with essential digital skills
You’ll examine some of the big myths surrounding the future of work, and demystify the role of ‘tech’ in the workplace.
Using up-to-date case studies and videos from people who have recently started working, you’ll discover first-hand how the digital workplace affects you as a worker.
You’ll learn about the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the importance of digital skills in today’s job market before reflecting on the transferable skills you’ll need to secure the future of your career.
You’ll then apply what you have learned to create a guide for your next professional steps.Understand how digital technologies are changing the way we work and live
The influence of digital technology in our lives is vast and this course will help you identify the ways you can use technology to work smarter.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the confidence and tools to progress your career in the digital workplace.
Whether you’re just entering the world of work, or you’re forging a new career path in the fast-moving digital space, this course is a practical guide to using technology effectively.
This course is designed for people who have some digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology.
You may be new to the workplace, returning to employment or already working and want to understand how practices have evolved in order to futureproof your career.
What you will learn
- Identify the technologies and aspects of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Discuss how technology is changing the world around us.
- Debate the growing importance of data.
- Explore the impact of automation in the workplace.
- Investigate the digital skills predicted for a future workforce.
- Reflect on the transferable skills predicted to be future proof.
- This course is designed for people who have some digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology.
- You may be new to the workplace, returning to employment or already working and want to understand how practices have evolved in order to futureproof your career.
FutureLearn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012. It offers everything from regular online courses to full online degrees, offered in partnership with dozens of universities globally. With close to 5 million monthly visitors, it’s a popular choice for many.