bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Business Futures: Understanding Omni-channel Retailing and Supply Chains
Explore how shopping has changed with this course that demystifies the new world of omni-channel for shoppers and supply-chain.
Created by Booi Kam, offered on FutureLearn
We no longer only buy products or experience services in physical spaces. We now often buy in-store and online using a laptop, a phone and even a watch. This course demystifies the omnichannel experience, and explores how omnichannel retail and supply chains have changed the production and consumption experience for both enterprises and consumers.Understand omni-channel retailing
We trace the evolution of the retail purchase from physical acts or transactions through to multi-channel online purchasing. Today’s technology-driven virtual and physical worlds enable transactions anytime anywhere and to anyone. We will explore how the omnichannel world differs from multichannel retailing, and how businesses can adopt omnichannel approaches to the production of goods and services.Learn to manage risk and supply chains in omni-channels
While omnichannel retailing has the potential to deliver unparalleled consumer experience and convenience, it poses a risk for those on the supply side unless they understand the landscape and the demands on traditional marketing and supply chain logistics.Consider the future of retail
Academics and educators in the fields of supply chain and logistics will lead you through the exciting world of omni-channels and what it might mean for the future of retail.
This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines of operations, finance, marketing, or human resources, who wish to learn more about omni-channel and the impact on consumers and supply chain.
What you will learn
- Explain how omni-channels have changed consumers’ buying experience and altered the dynamics between suppliers, retailers and consumers
- Assess the issues presented by omni-channels on contemporary supply chains.
- Explain and apply the key concepts of supply chain management to omni-channel retailing
- Analyse omni-channel logistics issues and identify workable solutions for logistics and supply chain problems
- Investigate new technologies to suggest options for last mile delivery
- This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines of operations, finance, marketing, or human resources, who wish to learn more about omni-channel and the impact on consumers and supply chain.
FutureLearn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012. It offers everything from regular online courses to full online degrees, offered in partnership with dozens of universities globally. With close to 5 million monthly visitors, it’s a popular choice for many.