bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Build a Growth Mindset & Career Success with Advice from Female Founders
Learn how to enhance your growth and entrepreneurial skills from successful women in business and the AllBright Academy.
Created by Clare Dodd, offered on FutureLearn
It takes more than hard skills and determination to achieve career success - you need a growth mindset, a set of entrepreneurial skills, and resilience.
Designed by women, for women, this four-week course from AllBright focuses on developing business skills and acumen to excel in industry.
Learning from a host of female founders, you’ll discover how to engage your inner entrepreneur and boost your career prospects using proven techniques to deliver business success.Improve your entrepreneurial mindset
By learning to think and work with a more open frame of mind, you can find new opportunities to supercharge your career.
You’ll develop your career vision, resilience, and creativity to bring an entrepreneurial flair to all aspects of your professional life. You’ll learn to develop the right mindset, whether you’re a seasoned business owner or a first-time employee.Gain career advice from successful female entrepreneurs
Thinking like a founder will help you to identify opportunities wherever they arise.
You’ll learn how to set clear goals, chase down opportunities, and ensure that you make the most of them. You’ll also define a personal career vision that is unique, yet achievable.Explore the advantages of calculated risk for achieving career success
Having learned how to creatively transform challenges into opportunities, you’ll consider when to take calculated risks and the competitive advantage you can achieve by stepping out of your comfort zone.
You’ll assess the risk itself, the opportunity within it, and how that aligns to your career vision.
By the end of this course, you’ll have discovered a way of working that is exciting and challenging, helping you develop a professional trajectory that can flourish even in the most adverse situations.
This course is designed for businesswomen and aspiring or early-stage female founders of all ages and at all stages of their career journey who are ultimately looking to transform their mindset and move towards a more entrepreneurial way of thinking, working and leading.
If you’d like to deepen your understanding of this subject further, you may want to take these courses. They’re also from AllBright and have the same overall learning outcomes:
What you will learn
- Explore the skills that are typically associated with female entrepreneurs – from a strong sense of vision, to a resilient frame of mind and a creative flair.
- Model your inner entrepreneur to boost your career or make that pipe dream to start a business a reality
- Evaluate and set clear goals aligned with your core competencies
- Investigate how to stay true to your vision and keep the bigger picture in mind
- Produce new professional objectives based on new habits and adjustments
- Develop your creativity for effective problem-solving.
- Produce objectives to further learn how to spot opportunities and chase them down.
- Design a plan to further grow and employ your entrepreneurial spirit
- Investigate the difference between feedback and criticism.
- Improve your ability to access and take risks
- This course is designed for businesswomen and aspiring or early-stage female founders of all ages and at all stages of their career journey who are ultimately looking to transform their mindset and move towards a more entrepreneurial way of thinking, working and leading.
- If you’d like to deepen your understanding of this subject further, you may want to take these courses. They’re also from AllBright and have the same overall learning outcomes:
- Career Coaching for Women: Supercharge Your Career with AllBright Sisterhood Works: How to Build a More Meaningful Network
FutureLearn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012. It offers everything from regular online courses to full online degrees, offered in partnership with dozens of universities globally. With close to 5 million monthly visitors, it’s a popular choice for many.