bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Master English Phonics for Adults & Parents- Advanced Sounds
Learn the correct pronunciation of spoken English phonics with a British accent & how to use phonics to read and write.
Created by Sanchez J, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 2492 students which left 9 reviews at an average rating of 4.33, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 14 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 32 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.5/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
This course will teach you how to pronounce the advanced English sounds naturally with a British accent and support you in learning how to use these sounds to read and write words and sentences in English.
Learning phonics is crucial to be able to read and write and will assist you in your English language speaking, reading and writing.
The course is split into sections of sounds combined with common English language words that you will learn to read and recognise. The structure of the course follows the same order as I would teach my students at school in England.
If you are a parent, this course will support you in your understanding of what your child is learning at school. You will be able to help them correctly pronounce the sounds and understand key vocabulary.
You will learn:
1) Background information on English Phonics
2) How to pronounce the sounds with a British English accent with examples of vocabulary
3) How to blend the sounds together to read words and sentences in English
4) How to segment the words into sounds to write words and sentences in English
5) Gain practice on your British English speaking accent
5) Gain practice of reading and writing in English
Your tutor Sanchez has over 14 years experience in the UK education system and is trained in teaching reading and phonics. She can support you in beginning your journey of learning the English Language.
This course is perfect for intermediate students who have taken the first beginner phonics course and parents of children learning English phonics.
What you will learn
- You will learn how to correctly pronounce the advanced phonics sounds in a British English accent.
- You will learn how to use the English sounds to read and write basic words and sentences.
- If you are a parent, you will be able to support your child in their own reading and writing development.
- You will practice perfecting the British English accent when speaking.
- Know the English alphabet.
- Know how to correctly pronounce the 26 basic sounds of the alphabet - Beginners Course