bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
3 Minute French - Course 2 | Language lessons for beginners
Build on from the French skills you learnt in Course 1 and learn how to communicate in even more situations
Created by Kieran Ball, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 15313 students which left 2344 reviews at an average rating of 4.67. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 4 hours 26 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 32 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.9/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
This is the second course in the 3 Minute French series and it consists of lessons 10-18. If you're familiar with all the words and phrases you learnt in the course 1, then you're ready to go!
The good thing about the 3 Minute French courses is that everything you learn is recapped in later lessons, so you don't have to worry about going back to the start to refresh your memory (although you can if you like, it won't harm you). At the end of every lesson are some recap practice exercises to make sure words and phrases you learnt previously are still secure in your memory.
In this course, you'll start to look at some different sentence structures in French. You'll be looking at some ways to ask questions and then you'll get an introduction to a very useful part of the language: verbs. All of this will open up the French language to you, giving you many more things to say. Don't worry if you've never come across verbs before, or if you've had a bad experience with learning grammar; everything in this course is explained in a simple and easy to understand way.
As well as the new structures, we'll be exploring some new topic areas including telling the time in French, booking taxis and asking where things are. We'll also look at an interesting linguistic feature in English called the Saxon Genitive, and we'll discover that it doesn't exist in French so we'll need ways to get around it.
The best way to tackle the trickier features of any language is to spread them out rather than looking at them all at once. Sometimes, when you open a foreign language instruction book, all the linguistic features of the language are introduced on the first page, and it can often be very off putting! In the 3 Minute French courses, I have broken them down and spread them about. We look at each particular feature when it crops up naturally in the order of the course. In this course, there are a few such features that need explaining in order to understand how some of the French structures work.
In this course, there are also some more Vocabulary Expansion Sheets for you to boost your French vocabulary.
I hope you enjoy :-)
What you will learn
- Learn some useful question phrases you can use in lots of situations
- Learn some verbs and start to add different structures to your language
- Learn some time phrases, money phrases and mealtime phrases to add more details to your French
- Learn to tell the time in French
- Learn how to book a taxi in French
- Get to grips with French pronunciation
- Understand the structure of the French language
- Understand and use grammatical and linguistic features of the French language with ease
- Build a solid base vocabulary of words and phrases you can use straight away in the real world
- Speak French confidently and comfortably in everyday situations
- Understand what's being said back to you
- Be more than just an average tourist when travelling to French speaking countries
- Before taking this course, make sure you are confident with all the words and phrases you learnt in "3 Minute French Course 1"
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology