bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Master Polite English
Learn the 3 Golden Rules and 6 Principles of Polite Speaking in English.
Created by Dylan Gates, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 52441 students which left 2596 reviews at an average rating of 4.65. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 24 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 32 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.2/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Do you speak English as a second or foreign language?
Do you have a good level of spoken English but need to learn how to speak in formal situations?
Do you need English for work or study purposes?
Do you need to speak politely in English in formal situations, such as interviews, meetings, official events?
Do you need to speak English with native or proficient speakers?
- When we speak to people we do not know very well, we should use polite English
- When we speak politely, we often get better results and make a good impression
- When we speak politely, we show respect to our conversational partner
Take the course and learn how to speak politely in English.
Learn the 3 Golden Rules of Politeness
Discover the 6 Principles of Polite Speaking
Learn common polite phrases for a variety of communicative functions, such as complaining, interrupting, expressing disappointment and many more. New lessons are added all the time.
What does the course consist of?
- Video lessons and pdf notes.
- 2.5 hrs of video content
This course is suitable for Intermediate speakers of English who need to learn how to speak politely in formal situations.
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of polite English and will be able to communicate more effectively and appropriately in your professional life.
What you will learn
- In this course, you will learn how to speak politely in English.
- In this course, you will learn strategies for communicating in formal situations with people you do not know well.
- You need to have an Intermediate level of English.
- You need to have a strong desire to improve your spoken English, especially for use in formal situations.
- You need or will need to use English for work or study purposes.