bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
English Speaking Upgrade: Speak English Now for Beginners
Learn English for Beginners: English Speaking, English Grammar, English Pronunciation, English Listening
Created by Jejette Nocum, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 24351 students which left 457 reviews at an average rating of 4.4. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 6 hours 12 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 32 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 7.9/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Do you have plans to travel abroad and you're nervous about speaking English to people?
Do you attend months of studying grammar but still struggle to complete a sentence?
Do you get frustrated in speaking English with correct sentences?
Worry no more!
Teacher Jet is here to guide you!
Welcome to the Complete English Course - Survival English- English Grammar
Beginner Level course!
This course is created for you who would travel to a country where English is the primary or secondary language and you would easily learn Survival English.
Survival English is about the essential English someone needs to know in order to survive - stay or work in an English-speaking country.
In this English course, you will be guided with these skills - Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
After you finish this course, you will be able to:
1. Improve your English speaking;
2. Give personal information about yourself;
3. Introduce yourself, a friend or a family member;
4 Identify and write numbers and letters of the Alphabet;
5. Ask for and tell addresses and phone numbers;
6. Fill out forms with the appropriate personal information;
7. Tell the date, days, months and time in English;
8. Ask for and tell time;
9. Ask for and give prices of items;
10. Gain more confidence in watching English movies without subtitles;
11. Make a reservation at a hotel;
12. Confidently order a meal at a restaurant;
13. Give and follow directions;
14. Ask help at a department store
Format of this Course:
This course consists of 8 Sections. Each Section introduces you to different themes, day to day scenarios and includes the following:
Dialogue - This is a useful learning method to prepare you for real life needs of English communication.
Grammar - Learn simple grammar concepts. The concepts have some application with the theme of each section and flows with the rest of the lesson.
"Magic Word or Phrases" - fun lectures wherein you get to learn short phrases to deal with different scenarios.
Short Exercise - After every lecture, you will be given one or two questions to arouse your enthusiasm in studying. (They are super easy!)
Quiz - To check your understanding of the lesson, you will be given a quiz/quizzes after every section and you will get results after every item. (Relax!- Most questions are in multiple choice.)
Short Videos and Movie Clips - For you to feel more comfortable watching English movies without subtitles, here are short exercises to improve your listening and speaking skills.
I'm so excited to have you here!
What you will learn
- Improve your English speaking;
- Introduce yourself, a friend or a family member;
- Identify and write numbers and letters of the Alphabet;
- Ask for and tell addresses and phone numbers;
- Fill out forms with the appropriate personal information;
- Tell the date, days, months and time in English;
- Gain more confidence in watching English movies without subtitles;
- Make a reservation at a hotel;
- Confidently order a meal at a restaurant;
- Give and follow directions;
- Ask for the prices of items at a department store
- Basic Reading Skills