bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
3 Minute French - Free taster course | Lessons for beginners
Learn to speak French you can use in everyday real-world situations - all in just 3-minute chunks!
Created by Kieran Ball, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 125764 students which left 7934 reviews at an average rating of 4.76. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 40 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 32 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.5/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Bonjour! Hello and welcome to 3 Minute French :-)
3 Minute French is a collection of online lessons that helps the complete beginner learn to speak French in simple, bite-sized chunks.
The lessons start off by giving you a few words that you can use to build your own sentences. For example, in lesson one, you'll learn these words and phrases:
bon - good
c'est - it is
fantastique - fantastic
ici - here
très - very
ce n'est pas - it isn't
With those words, you can build sentences like these:
It's very good here.
It isn't here.
It isn't good; it's fantastic!
(See if you can translate those five sentences above into French just by using those words and phrases.)
The lessons continuously build on what you've been learning, enabling you to express yourself fluently in French. As you move through the course, you'll pick up new vocabulary, useful grammar points and interesting ways to look at the structure of the French language that will give you plenty of "Aha!" moments.
The reason it's called "3 Minute French" is because the lessons are broken down into very short, three-minute chunks. Everybody, no matter how busy you are, has time to fit in a single three-minute lesson once a day, and in fact, by keeping learning to such short chunks, you'll reap huge benefits. Short but consistent daily lessons are more effective than a longer lesson once or twice a week, because you'll find you maintain enthusiasm, develop a learning habit and you'll also memorise everything much better.
If you've never learnt French before, or if you have had a bad experience with learning this beautiful language, the 3 Minute French lessons will help you to succeed.
What you will learn
- Speak French confidently and comfortably in everyday situations
- Understand what's being said back to you
- Be more than just an average tourist when travelling to French speaking countries
- Go from complete beginner to building your own sentences after the very first lesson
- Build a solid base vocabulary of words and phrases you can use straight away in the real world
- Understand and use grammatical and linguistic features of the French language with ease
- Understand the structure of the French language
- Get to grips with French pronunciation
- The good thing about this course is that it is taught under the assumption that you know no French and nothing about languages
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology