bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Power BI Masterclass - How to use CALCULATE in DAX
How to use CALCULATE function in DAX , understanding the CALCULATE function in POWER BI for beginners , Learn DAX fast
Created by Dan We, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 778 students which left 169 reviews at an average rating of 4.4, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 54 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 29 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.9/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Microsoft Power BI Masterclass - How to use CALCULATE in DAX
Business Intelligence / Business Analytics is in high demand. Companies are constantly searching for ways to make better and faster and smarter decisions. Therefore they rely heavily on data. Small company or Multinational - data driven decision making is the key to success for any business in the world of tomorrow.
Because of that companies are drastically increasing to step up their efforts to find skilled employees and freelancers with the necessary capabilities to help with analyzing data and creating valuable highly profitable insights.
Since there is way more demand than supply it is a "War for talent". And the competition will increase further. This environment is a bless for anyone who acquires the necessary capabilities and positions herself/himself
MS Power BI is an advanced yet easy to get started self service business analytics / business intelligence solution provided by Microsoft which is currently in very hot demand. From my personal experience I can tell you that companies will actively searching for you if you master Power BI. Diving into data & analytics can not only immensely improve your career opportunities but also your job satisfaction!
Power BI is also a great tool for data science too. A lot of data scientists like to use it for visualizing and presenting the findings. Therefore learning to use this tool can also be a valuable skill for data science jobs.
This course is inspired by students and extends my Power BI Masterclass series on udemy. This course is not a visual course like the other parts of the series. This time it's all about the most powerful as well as most difficult to understand function in Power BI - CALCULATE.
Understanding this function will drastically help us to improve our DAX knowledge and our overall Power BI DAX calculation skills!
Update: The complete Power BI Masterclass Series on udemy
Update: The complete Power BI Masterclass Series on udemy (I have aggregated some classes together to provide more content value per class for you. I really hope that serves you better!
1. Power BI Masterclass - beginners to advanced
2. Microsoft Power BI Masterclass - Expand Excellence
3.Power BI Masterclass - DAX, Excel And More
4. The Power BI Masterclass - Additional Tips and Tricks
5. Power BI Desktop - Data Prep Challenges
6. Power BI Masterclass - DAX, R and Gateways
7. Power BI Masterclass - Python Finance and Advanced DAX
8. Power BI Masterclass - the next level
9. Power BI DAX Fundamentals Mastering the Key Concepts
10. Power BI Masterclass Calculation Groups with Tabular Editor
We got a lot to do so let's get into it!
What you will learn
- You will better understand how the CALCULATE function in DAX works
- You will learn about Row Context and Filter Context as well as Context transition
- You will improve your knowledge about the most powerful function in DAX
- You will improve your Power BI DAX skills
- You will add to your knowlege from the other Power BI Masterclass courses on udemy
- I highly recommend to take the Power BI Masterclass - beginners to advanced course first
- You should have worked with Power BI DAX and the Calculate function before
- We start from the basics with Calculate and work our way up
- Power BI Desktop installation (download for free on windows)