bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Python Crash Course for Beginners
Learn to code Python with-in a DAY
Created by Harshal Lonare, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 10583 students which left 62 reviews at an average rating of 4.2, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 36 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 4 hours 29 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 7.0/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Whether you want to:
Build the skills you need to get your first Python programming job
Move to a more senior software developer position
Get started with Machine Learning, Data Science, Django or other hot areas that Python specialises in
Learn Python to be able to create your own Python apps quickly.
Will I be able to learn Python and find a job after completing this course?
I have heard of quite a few success stories where students have rigorously followed the course and have found a job afterwards. However, whether you will be able to learn Python and be job-ready, heavily depends on you.
This course is aimed at complete beginners who have never programmed before, as well as existing programmers who want to increase their career options by learning Python.
How much time will I need to complete the course?
That depends on two factors:
(1) Your background: Someone coming from a math or computer science background may be able to complete the course in a shorter time compared to someone coming from a social science background for example.
(2) The effort you put in: If you just watch the videos, you may finish the course in two days. However, simply watching the videos is not enough. You need to experiment with the code you see in the videos. The more you experiment with it the better you become.
Depending on the two factors I mentioned above, students spend from one week to three months to complete the course, most spending one month.
I don't know anything about programming. Will I still be able to learn Python?
This course assumes you have no previous knowledge of programming. Whenever a programming term is mentioned (e.g. a variable) the meaning of the term is explained thoroughly so you not only understand how to use that particular term in Python, you also understand what that term means in programming.
Will I get support if I get stuck?
Yes. Feel free to drop a question in the Q&A, and me, or my teaching assistant, will answer your questions within the same day.
Does this course cover Python 2 or Python 3?
What you will learn
- Learn Python from scratch
- Learn the basics by using real-world examples
- Learn all Python basics such as variables, functions, conditionals, loops, text processing, file processing and more.
- Create a web application that runs on the browser with Django + MySql
- Understand the Basics of Python
- Send Emails with Python
- A computer - Windows, Mac, and Linux are all supported. Setup and installation instructions are included for each platform.
- Your enthusiasm to learn this go-to programming language. It’s a valuable lifetime skill which you can’t un-learn!
- Everything else needed to start programming in Python is already included in the course.
- Basic Knowledge of Mathematics and Logics