bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Relax With Chinese Painting - Grapes and Bees
Chinese Freehand Painting
Created by Fiona Sheng @ InkDifferent Studio, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 13 students which left 1 reviews at an average rating of 5, which is below the average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 58 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 36 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.2/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
The Chinese Freehand painting enjoys a unique popularity in the world thanks to its expressive brush works and free flow of emotions. This is a painting style that allows us to be free from the rules of the physical world and create our own - a truly free space. In the learning of the Freehand painting, we become observant, we begin to intuitively capture the essence of an object and express it. The minimalistic lines also contain life philosophy.
Our course will focus on the following aspects:
1. The painting of grapes, a very popular subject in the Asian brush painting, and the techniques are transferable to many other fruits.
2. Moreover, you will learn to paint the leaves and then the vines, which will allow you to generate complete paintings with the grapes. The vine painting is quite an important subject in the Chinese freehand painting world, which opens doors to many plants with similar features.
3. Additionally, you will learn to paint a fun little add-on to lots of paintings, the bees. These useful little creatures surely brighten up the paintings!
The materials required in this course will be regular, including the various sized brushes, ink, several colors, and the rice paper.
Overall, you will find yourself with 3 complete pieces of paintings by the end of the course, and you will be equipped with the ability to create many more. Naturally you will need more than 2 hours to practice in order to paint well, and starting right here is a great option.
What you will learn
- Paint grapes (circular fruits) in the Chinese Freehand Painting style
- Paint leaves and vines of grapes in the Chinese Freehand Painting style
- Paint bees in the Chinese Freehand Painting style
- Learn about the use of lines, dots and shapes in the Chinese Painting
- Learn to use color and paint with a brush
- Necessary painting materials