bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Learn How To Code Games In Roblox Studio
Learn how to create Roblox games in an easy to understand step by step course
Created by Brendon Ross, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 6412 students which left 1933 reviews at an average rating of 4.57. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 6 hours 12 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 9 hours 9 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 7.8/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Roblox is one of the most popular entertainment platforms for players under the age of 18, with 1 Billion hours of Roblox being played each month by over 80 Million Roblox players.
Roblox's mission is to bring the world together through play.
"We enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers."
There are currently over 4 million active developers and creators producing their own games using Roblox Studio. As of March 2019 98 million dollars has been paid to these community developers.
My course will teach you how to set up and create your first Roblox game.
The course is divided into 5 Sections. It is designed to be taken in the order it is presented.
Section 1 - I show you how to create a Roblox account, and install and use Roblox Studio.
Section 2 - We then learn about coding concepts and how they work .
Section 3 - We begin to develop a "Camping Game" and discuss the rules and how to implement them using Lua code.
Section 4 - We continue to develop our game, adding more functionality and learn some more advanced coding techniques.
Section 5 - We polish our game and discuss how to take what you have learned and develop it further.
Using the concepts you have learnt by creating this game you will be able to develop it further or use your own ideas to create your own game in Roblox Studio.
What you will learn
- An understanding of Lua the coding language used to create Roblox Games.
- The basic concepts of computer programming
- How to get set up to create your first Roblox game by creating an account and downloading and installing Roblox Studio.
- How to move, scale and rotate your Roblox parts.
- How to create a script, make objects spawn and how to program your Humanoid Roblox Player and much more.
- How to Use Roblox Toolbox and create your own models, save them and import them into your projects
- How to code the Leaderboard for multi-player games and save player data during the game.
- Design, Test, and Play your own game from beginning to end.
- You will be able to use all the concepts and coding you learnt in this course to create your own interactive games on Roblox.
- Have use of a PC or Mac with an internet connection
- Able to download software from roblox.
- Have WinZip or Archive to expand compressed files