bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Create Detailed and Poseable Character in Adobe Illustrator
Learn how to create your own game character in adobe illustrator. Game Character Design workflows, tips and tricks
Created by Rafael Regidor, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 3559 students which left 154 reviews at an average rating of 4.35, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 7 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 8 hours 22 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.7/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Would you like to create professional 2D Game characters that are poseable and animation ready?
Are you interested to know what it takes to create a game character from scratch?...
This course is created for student's who would like to learn a solid workflow in character creation and detailing. The course is designed so that we will start from a concept sketch and bring our concept to life with help of adobe illustrator. This course is for intermediate to advanced users of illustrator who want's to learn or polish their character creation skills. I have included my own concept art which I will detail and optimize for animation throughout the entire course. But you can also bring in your own character sketches and use the workflows in the course and apply it to your own. The course is about 3 hours long, and I go in-depth in creating your character from conception to completion.
Anyone who would like to learn new workflows for game character design, or just improve their character creation skills are encouraged to take the course.
Join Over 1700+ students who have enrolled in my course and are making their way to become mobile game artists!
Watch 18 Lectures that shows you the proven workflows in making your own game characters
Be built for speed and achieve great art quality in least amount of time
What you will learn
- Create animation ready 2D game characters
- Master texturing workflows for 2d characters using Adobe Illustrator
- Learn how to block-in, shade and texture characters
- Confidently create their own detailed and animation-ready character from scratch
- A working installation of Adobe illustrator CS5 or higher
- This is not a how to draw course. I will guide you how to approach parts of your character and detail them properly
- Knows how to draw characters already. And have your own character that you want to detail in illustrator.
- This course does not cover animation of characters
- Intermediate knowledge of illustrator (moving around in the interface, creating shapes, using pen tool, shape-builder)