bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Art of Baking with Yuppiechef
Learn with our online cooking classes and get easy baking recipes, bread making, pastry classes and cake decorating
Created by Yuppiechef Courses, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 64599 students which left 4594 reviews at an average rating of 4.52. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 54 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 1 hours 59 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.8/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Baking has been called many things. Grandmother’s best kept secret, a science and even an art. At Yuppiechef, we believe that armed with the right knowledge, anyone can become a proficient baker in no time at all.
In this online course hosted by renowned author and food blogger Sarah Graham, we'll share with you the foundational knowledge and know-how you'll need to master key baking subjects such as cake, home-made bread and pastries.
Sarah started her food blog in May 2010, and later that year was the first South African food blogger to be awarded a book contract. Since then, Sarah has gone on to author her cookbooks, ‘Bitten’ and ‘Smitten,’ and her own TV shows.
Complete the course at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home and on the device of your choice. Once completed, you can revisit all the course material as many times as you like. Ready to show baking who's boss?
What you will learn
- Understand the basics of baking, including easy cake chemistry, pantry essentials and the golden rules of baking
- Know everything biscuit and cookie baking, including lemony butter biscuits and peanut buttery oat biscuits
- Understand the ins and outs of making bread, and make a wholewheat loaf and rosemary and feta focaccia
- Master the classic sponge cake, clementine and rosemary cake, and chocolate cake
- Learn techniques for icing cakes and cupcakes, buttercream icing, and red velvet cupcakes
- Become a pastry expert, and make a lemon tart and chocolatey cinnamon rolls
- You will need a kitchen with basic tools, but we provide a detailed list of ingredients and what is needed for each lesson.