bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Learn & Implement Strategies for Achieving Financial Success
This course will give you the tools and resources to help you achieve your personal finance goals
Created by Jesse Rock, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 13 students which left 3 reviews at an average rating of 4.5, which is below the average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 3 hours 32 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 3 hours 8 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 4.2/10, which makes it an below average course. Overall, there are most likely better courses available for this topic on our platform.
For the past 6 years, I have been exploring and diving into the world of personal finance. Because of this, I have experienced financial success and this success has led me to financial freedom allowing me to live the life that I want to live. This course was created because I don't want anyone to be plagued by constantly worrying about the balance in their bank account, living a life burdened by debt, not being able to give back or take a vacation, and/or living pay check to pay check. I have taught several friends and family members the material taught in this course and every time I get asked, "Why don't we teach this stuff in high school or as an exit course in college?" The good news is that all of this information on personal finance is out there in the form of books and podcasts, the bad news is that the material is often dense, and an author's financial philosophy is touted as "the one and only way" to financial success. Another drawback to the world of personal finance is that there is just so much information out there, as an individual it is hard to discern whether the advice you are getting is just a quick hack, or a true holistic strategy that is going to bring you long term success. This comprehensive course is a blended approach that gives you the freedom to choose your own financial philosophy, while also giving sound advice and guidance for basic personal finance principles. This course is an accumulation of financial experts, from fiscal conservatives like Dave Ramsey to Real Estate gurus like Scott Trench. Excelling at personal finance is going to give you the freedom to live the life that you want to live.
What you will learn
- Figure out your own personal finance philosophy by setting up goals and a pathway for financial success
- The value and purpose of credit cards
- The ability to recognize good and bad loans
- Differentiate between assets and liabilities
- Calculate your monthly cash flow and successfully track your net worth
- Understand how to divvy up your monthly income
- Get on a track to eliminate all loans besides your mortgage
- Housing: Understand the value of owning property over renting
- How to invest excess income and which investment route is right for you
- Retirement and the Roth IRA: The value and purpose; open up and begin contributing to a Roth IRA
- How to increase current income streams
- The value and purpose of a rainy day fund
- Housing Hacks: Paying off mortgage, HELOCs, and Cash out Refinances
- Financial Resources: Books, apps, and podcasts
- None. This course is for anyone trying to achieve success in personal finance, whether you are 16 or 60.