bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Personal Finance 101: Everything You Need to Know
Everything you need to know about personal finance in the U.S, presented through concise, engaging, animated videos.
Created by MoneyCoach.io ., offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 54192 students which left 3670 reviews at an average rating of 4.59. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 59 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 3 hours 8 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 9.1/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain an excellent, practical knowledge of personal finance, covering everything from to taxes to credit cards. Sound intimidating? Don't worry! This course is designed with complete beginners in mind. No previous personal finance knowledge (or math!) is required, and you will never need outside software or materials.
As for how this course is structured, we designed it to maximize your enjoyment and engagement. That’s why we teach you an entire personal finance curriculum through a series of short (<5 min), engaging, animated videos. Each video teaches you everything you need to know (practically-speaking) about a specific topic, like investing, in a way that even a total beginner can understand. And with over 52 videos in total, more than 3 hours of content, you’ll learn everything you need to know about personal finance, from how to pay your taxes to how to buy a car to how to pay off your student loans!
Finally, as for our background, we're MoneyCoach, a financial education startup that has spent the past year developing this curriculum (with the help of a financial advisor) to fill the void in financial education and to teach people personal finance in the most effective way possible. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
What you will learn
- At the end of this course, students will be able to...
- Build excellent credit
- Manage debt, including student loans
- Invest wisely and effortlessly
- File a tax return
- Get a great bank account
- Understand credit cards
- Understand and get six types of insurance
- Make a spending plan
- Buy a car
- Find a great apartment
- Buy a house
- Get a jump start on retirement
- Save for college
- Get out of credit card debt
- Avoid identity theft and fraud
- Understand an estate plan
- Navigate dating and finances
- Navigate marriage and finances
- Navigate children and finances
- Navigate divorce and finances
- No outside materials or software is required to take this course.
- No knowledge of mathematics or statistics is required for this course.
- No prior personal finance experience is required for this course.
- The only thing you need is access to the internet and a willingness to learn!