bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Level I CFA® Prep Course 2022 - Quantitative Methods
Deep dive into Quant with the Bestselling CFA® prep course provider | With visual learning + Quizzes
Created by PrepNuggets | by Keith Tan, CFA, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 18198 students which left 3118 reviews at an average rating of 4.73. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 6 hours 46 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 7 hours 4 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 8.9/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Bestselling and Highest Rated CFA® courses on Udemy!
(for 2022 CFA® Level I exam)
The CFA® program is rewarding but gruelling. The majority of candidates fail the exam. In order to pass, you are going to need much more than summaries or crash courses. But we can fully empathise if you feel the curriculum is too lengthy and too difficult given your busy schedule.
That is why we have crafted for you this complete series of 10 courses covering all 10 topics of the CFA® curriculum. These courses are not superficial summaries, but a detailed and concise coverage of the curriculum for each topic area.
We keep our videos short so as to help you follow the Pareto Principle. We believe that if you put in the optimal 20% effort using the right approach, you can potentially achieve 80% of the results!
The PrepNuggets approach is to condense pertinent material from the curriculum to easily digestible nuggets for you to consume during your pockets of free time. Each nugget is painstakingly crafted to explain really complex concepts using engaging illustrations and animations. No more wading through pages and pages of words, or sitting through long boring lessons with bullet-point slides.
By the end of this course, we are confident you will be able to comfortably handle at least 80% of the questions under this topic area.
Don't take our word for it! Hear what some of our students have to say:
"This is an INCREDIBLY useful course for visual learners. The concepts are clear and concise. You will begin to see the relationships between concepts as you progress. Excited for the rest of this course and the other courses in the rest of the series." - Andrew Bachman
"One of the best courses I've seen, if not the best. Prepnuggets staff know how to pass on knowledge, both by visualization and by verbal explanations. Excited to finish this course and continue to other courses." - Lidor Sigron
Take action now! It is never too early or too late to start preparing. Join thousands of CFA candidates worldwide in making us your preferred prep companion!
NOTE: This course is part of a complete series of 10 courses that fully cover all 10 topics for CFA® Level I. For our full catalog of courses, look for our instructor profile down below and click on the PrepNuggets logo.
REQUIRED DISCLAIMER: CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by PrepNuggets or Udemy. CFA Institute, CFA®, and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
What you will learn
- Make present value and future value calculations
- Use TVM functions on your calculator
- Use net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR) for evaluating cash flow streams
- Systematically measure portfolio returns
- Calculate money market yields
- Learn the basic concepts of statistics
- Apply statistical concepts to financial returns distributions
- Learn the basic concepts of probability
- Use probability tools in financial analysis
- Use uniform, binomial, normal, and lognormal distributions in investment analysis
- Understand Monte Carlo Simulation
- Understand sampling process, and use sample information to estimate population parameters
- Perform and design hypothesis tests, in particular, tests concerning mean and variance
- Spot and interpret technical chart patterns, trends and cycles
- Understand and apply common technical analysis indicators
- Basic mathematics knowledge
- CFA Institute approved calculator (TI BA II Plus recommended)