bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Introduction to using SQL for Reporting
Learn how to use SQL to generate reports that can be helpful to a business.
Created by Bluelime Learning Solutions, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 2064 students which left 10 reviews at an average rating of 4.55, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 3 hours 48 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 6 hours 21 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.8/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
SQL can be used to generate reports and present information on websites. This course covers SQL features in helping you answer more interesting questions about your data.
The most popular business problems can be solved with SQL . What is the revenue growth month over month and running total revenue? Can we trust the metric, or does the data have some accidental duplicates that affect it? What are the top N orders for every month? What is the repeat purchase behaviour? All these questions can bee translated from the database using SQL into useful reports for the business.
Topics covered includes:
- Installing Oracle database
- Installing TOAD
- Installing SQL developer
- Connecting TOAD and SQL Developer to Oracle Database
- Ordering and Limiting results
- Filtering data using the WHERE clause
- Using multiple operators with the WHERE clause
- How to use Views and Dual Tables
- Using Like operators with wild cards to achieve search patterns
- Removing duplicates records
- Using sub-queries
- Using character functions
- Using conversion functions
- Using numeric functions
- Using date functions
- Grouping results
- Aggregate functions
- Some real world SQL reporting
What Am I Going To Get from This SQL Reporting Course?
- You'll discover how to use various built in features of SQL to generate useful for reports that can help a business make important decisions.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Beginning database analysts
- Developers who want to keep their knowledge of SQL current
- Students taking classes in relational databases
- Anyone who wants to learn SQL Reporting
What you will learn
- Install database
- Install TOAD
- Install SQL Developer
- Connect TOAD to Oracle
- Order reporting data output
- Limit reporting data output
- Filter data with WHERE clause
- Filter with various operators and WHERE clause
- Generate output from sub -queries
- Understand views and dual tables
- Understand character functions
- Understand conversion functions
- Understand date functions
- Understand numeric functions
- Understand and use Aggregate functions
- Eliminate duplicates from reporting output.
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge of relational database