bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Data Science: NLP and Sentimental Analysis in R
Learn Natural Language Processing and Sentimental Analysis using "The Big Bang Theory" show script in R.
Created by Sachin Kafle, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 4986 students which left 8 reviews at an average rating of 4.56, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 11 hours 13 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 7 hours 54 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.4/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Caution before taking this course:
This course does not make you expert in R programming rather it will teach you concepts which will be more than enough to be used in machine learning and natural language processing models.
About the course:
In this practical, hands-on course you’ll learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis, visualization and how to make use of that data in a practical manner. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language.
Our main objective is to give you the education not just to understand the ins and outs of the R programming language, but also to learn exactly how to become a professional Data Scientist with R and land your first job.
This course covers following topics:
1. R programming concepts: variables, data structures: vector, matrix, list, data frames/ loops/ functions/ dplyr package/ apply() functions
2. Web scraping: How to scrape titles, link and store to the data structures
3. NLP technologies: Bag of Word model, Term Frequency model, Inverse Document Frequency model
4. Sentimental Analysis: Bing and NRC lexicon
5. Text mining
By the end of the course you’ll be in a journey to become Data Scientist with R and confidently apply for jobs and feel good knowing that you have the skills and knowledge to back it up.
What you will learn
- Use R for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Provides the entire toolbox you need to become a NLP engineer
- Learn how to pre-process data
- Apply your skills to real-life business cases
- Able to perform web scraping
- Learn text mining
- able to perform sentimental analysis on any text
- No programming experiences required
- No R programming experience required
- Machine with any OS (Linux, MacOSX, Windows) and proper internet connection required