bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Fitness for Dancers
Full Body Workouts and Tips for Living a Healthy Lifestyle
Created by Brittany Bryant, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 82 students which left 13 reviews at an average rating of 4.75, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 48 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 1 hours 56 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.1/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
This course is designed for dancers of all levels, whether you are starting out or have had many years of experience. Fitness is relevant at all stages of a dancer's career, however many general workout programs are not relevant to dancer's training needs.
This course comes with 20+ different workouts to target all areas of the body (arms, back, thighs, calves, glutes, core) while addressing the dance elements of balance, flexibility, coordination, and technique.
At the end of this course you will have a set of workouts you can do almost anywhere/anytime that you can utilize to strengthen yourself for dance class or keep your body in shape during your off-season.
What you will learn
- Use 20+ workouts to focus on different parts of the body or aspects of dance technique
- Modify their own workouts to incorporate their dance training
- Workouts can be done anytime: before/after class or workouts and pre/peri/post season,
- Some knowledge of basic ballet steps (plie, tendu, releve)
- Space to move around in (5 x 5 meters minimum)
- A barre, chair, counter top, or wall you can use to help balance
- Pair of light dumbbells (1-2lbs each); recommended
- Exercise Mat; recommended