bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Captivating Actor - A Comprehensive Guide
With Actor and YouTube Star Rick Segall - How To Improve Your Chances of Success in Your Craft & Your Career
Created by Chanti Niven, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 808 students which left 121 reviews at an average rating of 4.4, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 4 hours 37 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 34 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.8/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
How many times have you bought a course, exciting to learn something new and then not completed it because it was so boring? You tried, you really did but the presenter droned on and on and you lost interest! I get it because I have ADHD and it has always been difficult for me to learn anything, hence THE CAPTIVATING SPEAKERS PROGRAM. My mission is to save the world from terminal boredom. My team produces captivating content that sticks. The goal is to give you all the tools you need, without all unnecessary fluff and presented in an entertaining way. WE MAKE LEARNING FUN! Nobody can be a greater example of this than Rick Segall. If Robin Williams and Mel Gibson had a baby it would be Rick Segall!
Rick Segall is a multiple award-winning public speaker and a viral YouTube (OUR STUPID REACTIONS) with a million subscribers. He started his acting career at age 3 as little Ricky in the Partridge family and has mastered the art of acting through years of training and performances on stage and screen. In this widely acclaimed course, Rick takes you on an unforgettable, hilarious, and honest journey through the ins and outs of acting and what it takes to be a successful actor in today's world.
Covering everything from technique to social media & headshots to representation, you'll also discover the hidden realities about the entertainment industry, and help increase your odds of landing that coveted role at auditions.
This one-of-a-kind series will not only improve your chances of success in your craft and your career, it will also give you powerful and proven step-by-step tools that you can apply straight away.
What you will learn
- Achieve the things you want in your career, and get more out of your craft.
- Avoid the failures and pitfalls so many actors get caught up in.
- Learn how to magnetically attract the right people for your career, and make influential friends in the industry.
- Eliminate the fear of rejection and judgment.
- Gain more power, control and influence in your life, your craft, and your career.
- Learn how to overcome stage fright and anxiety.
- Gain a deep, core understanding of yourself as a person, as an actor, and as a vital part of the entertainment industry.
- Realize the only two things that can stop you from being an actor (and why so many actors fail to see it).
- Understand the entertainment industry from all angles, and how you can stand out from the crowd.
- Gain clarity in your acting and career goals, including tools to help you achieve those goals.
- Find out the reality about acting and the industry that nobody wants to talk about.
- Master the two most powerful things an actor can do when it's showtime.
- Know how to tip the odds in your favor during auditions and callbacks.
- Uncover the secret why the best actors don't actually act.
- Be able to create truthful, believable characters in a few simple steps, and generate real emotions.
- Discover how to build genuine and lasting relationships with industry professionals who can help you achieve your dreams.
- Be empowered not only in your own work, but in your life, in your career and as an invaluable contributor to the art form.
- You don't need any knowledge of acting. We cover all aspects from A-Z.