bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
UX Design Strategy and Application: Strategy, Innovation and the Future of Work
Discover the role of creativity, innovation and strategy in UX design and consider the benefits and challenges of remote working.
Created by Nuno Sobrinho, offered on FutureLearn
UX designers need to use creativity and innovation to understand user needs, visualise ways to improve the customer journey and solve problems.
In this course you will explore the relationship between innovation, creativity and strategy. You will learn how to facilitate these concepts in every stage of the UX Design process.
As global factors have resulted in UX designers across the world increasingly working from home, you will consider tools and resources that enable remote working and evaluate how these can be used in effective UX Design.
You will analyse individual versus team player mindsets and behaviours and examine the different types of innovation.
By the end of the course you will be well equipped to implement key strategies for promoting creativity in real life workplace scenarios.Explore UX strategy
You will gain insight into strategy design, implementation and the different stages of a strategy.
You will also learn about best practice methods to avoid IP and copyright infringements.Consider the future of work
Once you have understood the key elements of design strategy and innovation you will consider how this can be applied in a remote working setting.
You will look at the different types of remote UX design work and the common challenges remote work poses.
Finally, you will critically evaluate the effectiveness of tools and resources used in remote working and learn to identify opportunities to take advantage of the uncertain working scenarios.
By the end of this course you will be able to apply your understanding of creativity, innovation and strategy to unlock new opportunities in the UX design world.
This course is aimed at anyone looking to improve their UX design skills.
This might include:
- entry-level or intermediate Graphic or Digital Designers looking to expand their knowledge and skillsets in UX design.
- aspiring product managers who need to understand the pivotal role UX design plays in successful product development.
- non-technical digital team leaders looking to better understand critical concepts in UX design and the Design Thinking process.
During the course we’ll be using Canva.
What you will learn
- Analyse individual vs team player behaviours
- Articulate the different stages of a strategy
- Recognise best practice methods to avoid IP and copyright issues
- Justify moments or ways of working that can be done in-person or remotely
- Evaluate tools and resources that enable remote working
- This course is aimed at anyone looking to improve their UX design skills.
- This might include:
- entry-level or intermediate Graphic or Digital Designers looking to expand their knowledge and skillsets in UX design. aspiring product managers who need to understand the pivotal role UX design plays in successful product development. non-technical digital team leaders looking to better understand critical concepts in UX design and the Design Thinking process.
FutureLearn is a British digital education platform founded in December 2012. It offers everything from regular online courses to full online degrees, offered in partnership with dozens of universities globally. With close to 5 million monthly visitors, it’s a popular choice for many.