bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Impressionism - Paint this Farmhouse with Oils or Acrylics
Learn Impressionism techniques by creating this Farm Countryside painting. For total beginner through advanced painters.
Created by Christopher Clark, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 1554 students which left 196 reviews at an average rating of 4.8. Impressive!
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 55 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 7.7/10, which makes it a great course to learn from. On our entire platform, only 15% of courses achieve this rating!
Impressionist painting with a focus on light. Bring a luminous quality to your paintings you’ve never thought possible. Learn how to build a painting in one sitting, “alla prima”, and how to savor interesting brushwork. You will also learn the invaluable concepts of drawing, value, color, and edges. Use these methods and knowledge to start your painting off right if you're a total beginner, or to take your painting style to the next level if you're more experienced. You’ve never painted like this before. You can paint along with me during this entire course. I even have a camera angle that shows my palette as I'm mixing colors. You will learn crucial painting techniques in the process of creating a beautiful painting. Or feel free to just sit back and enjoy the show as I create a painting from scratch.
DOWNLOADABLE MATERIALS: I provide the reference photo I'm using for the painting, and an image of my finished painting for you to analyze. Also a materials list: you're free to use your own style of materials of course, but I'll list every single thing I use. This course is partial toward using oil paint, and I highly recommend it, however you can use acrylics also. Many of the concepts I discuss in this course apply to all mediums of art. So take this course if you're ready to improve your painting with methods you've probably never seen before, and will have you thinking about painting in a new way. For all levels of painters.
What you will learn
- Create an entire painting in one sitting
- Understand Impressionism and why it is so powerful
- Understand how light works to make things look the way they do, and how to translate that into your paintings
- Understand the concepts of Drawing, Values, Color, and Edges
- Learn the value of brushwork. So much can be said with so few brushstrokes.
- Apply all of these concepts to let your own personal style develop
- Basic painting and drawing skills are recommended, but I will help start you off right if you're brand new.
- Materials required: regular oil or acrylic painting materials (paints, brushes, palette, solvent, canvas, easel); also charcoal, eraser, and paper. I provide a detailed list of all painting materials that I use.
- A love of painting! (that one's cheesy, but it's so true)