bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
The Beauty of Portrait Drawing - The Profile View
From Italy with Love
Created by Marco Barucco, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 37 students which left 4 reviews at an average rating of 5, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 5 hours 31 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.1/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
The profile portrait presents its own challenges and rewards. It’s easier to render the similarity to our model, but it’s much, much harder to give the impression of tridimensionality and realism. Profile portraits tend to seem “flat” and cartoonish, and you have to know what to do to prevent that from happening. In this course we will explore this ancient and beautiful type of portrait and will learn how to give it the feeling of volume and character.
What you will learn
- To draw a beautiful and realistic profile portrait
- The structure of the skull , seen from the lateral point of view
- Head muscles, seen from the side
- How to render the tridimensional forms of the head, seen from the side
- How light interacts with light in this particular point of view
- What are the typical challenges of this kind of portrait
- It is better to have finished the front view course