bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
How to Make an Exploding Gift Box
A step by step guide to creating the perfect gift for any occasion.
Created by Chelsey Vorosmarty, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 105 students which left 13 reviews at an average rating of 4.5, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 46 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.1/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Do you enjoy giving special presents that leave everyone asking "how did she do that"? Something handmade is very special because it says you spent time thinking about that person. This exploding box will definitely make a big impression at your next party!
Are you a bride-to-be looking for centerpiece ideas? Or maybe you want some extra special invitations. Exploding boxes are a great way to announce a new baby, package gift cards in an interesting way, tell someone you love them or just impress your friends with all your crafty skills!
During more than 1 1/2 hours of video instruction you will see the process of making an exploding box unfold before your eyes. The class is broken down into easy to follow steps so anyone can play along and create this project.
There are written directions included with this course that show all the measurements and pictures of the process up close. It is easiest if you cut the papers first and then watch the videos to put it all together.
I am here to help, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! I will do my best to reply to your questions as soon as possible.
If you love the many beautiful projects that can be found on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. I hope you will join me in making your very own "pin worthy" exploding box!
What you will learn
- By the end of this course you will be able to make an exploding gift box in any style you wish.
- You will be able to create handmade paper roses in any size, color or pattern!
- Making paper bows will no longer be a mystery. All those paper scraps will come in handy for decorating any type of package with handmade bows.
- You will learn bonus techniques like how to use Inka Gold paints, applying pastel pencils to create that popular chalkboard look and using a Sticker Maker to glitter intricate die cuts!
- To make this project successfully you will need to have a paper trimmer, scoring tool, adhesive and hot glue gun. You will also need to know how to use these basic tools.
- I recommend using a strong, double sided adhesive like Scor-Tape to hold your box together.
- Several sheets of cardstock and patterned paper will also be needed to create this box. It is best to select one collection of patterned papers to decorate the box, that way everything will match easily.