bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Draw a Boat in Water using Pens, Inks and Watercolors
Sketch and paint a boat expressively, and see the magic unfold!
Created by Shirish Deshpande, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 1562 students which left 9 reviews at an average rating of 4.22, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 2 hours 31 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.8/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
I am delighted to create this course teaching how to draw a full painting of a boat standing in the water. This image was a cover image for one of my courses and many students expressed their interest to know how to draw water using pens, inks and watercolors.
This is a two and half hours long comprehensive course which will guide you to learn
1. How to do a preliminary pencil sketch of a boat?
2. How to convert this pencil sketch into a pen sketch? What precautions need to be taken when starting with the pen sketch?
3. How to apply colors to the boat sketch? How to use colored inks and watercolors interchangeably and in harmony?
4. How to color the water? How to draw texture for various materials like wood and rusty metal?
5. Dry brush technique for indicating the textures.
6. Implying depth in a sketch / painting.
What you will learn
- Learn to draw a beautiful boat standing in the water
- Learn to apply pens, watercolors and inks in harmony
- Understand where to stop drawing/painting
- Understand how to use white spaces effectively
- You should be Interested in visual art
- You should be interested in sketching