bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Develop YOUR Customized Genealogy Family Tree Board Game
Instructions and downloads to create a customizable family tree board game based on YOUR family and ancestry.
Created by Luanga Nuwame, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 90 students which left 10 reviews at an average rating of 4.7, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 27 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.0/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Our families are the most important and influential people in our lives. From our mother and father to our siblings, grandparents, cousins and our ancestors - we become the people we are today due to their influence, interaction and legacy. However, how well do we really know our family and genealogy?
There is always more you can learn about your loved ones and now there is a fun and personalized way to do that! More importantly, current and future generations will learn more about you and your immediate family in a way that will be cherished and enjoyed through get-together interaction.
This course kit will provide you with the instructions to complete a family tree board game that will honor YOUR family members and linage based on the direct feedback of those you care about. The final result will be a time capsule, scrapbook and game all in one!
This will be a voyage of discovery about what makes each individual in your family so dynamic and amazing. You will discover how each family member truly sees the rest of the family. Consider the game a celebration of what makes each member of your family unique and endearing with each game night.
With the exception of some materials listed below, all files and images required to complete your game will be provided to you as downloads. This game will take time to make, but this is YOUR journey to take to preserve your family’s legacy.
As a living course, lectures and materials will be updated continuously to provide your family tree board game with even more options.
To best understand where you are going, you first need to know where you came from! Let us start the journey into honoring your family, ancestry and legacy…with the ultimate board game! YOUR GAME!!
What you will learn
- You will receive 24 Lectures and over an hour worth of step-by-step instruction
- You will complete a personalized family tree board game with all the accessories and rules needed to begin playing immediately upon completion
- You will have a game that will bring your family together to bond, laugh and learn
- Students will receive additional updates and add-ons to the course well after your game is completed
- You will have a better understanding and appreciation of the closest and most important people in your life!
- A computer with Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat and especially Adobe Photoshop (or a similar graphics program). This course will only reference Photoshop for graphics
- Access to a print and copy store (Staples, Kinkos, Office Depot etc.) for 11x17 paper prints
- A home printer
- Digital copies of family photos
- Spray Glue and/or Double Sided Tape and Glue Stick
- Scrap cardboard sheets, scissors and a cutting knife
- Patience and the desire to immortalize your family with a craft that will take time and dedication
- An open mind (because some of the answers you will get from family members will shock you!)