bestcourses is supported by learners. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Dynamic floral illustration in watercolours and ink
watercolour and ink illustration
Created by Suzanne Abraham, offered on Udemy
To make sure that we score courses properly, we pay a lot of attention to the reviews students leave on courses and how many students are taking a course in the first place. This course has a total of 58 students which left 17 reviews at an average rating of 4.7, which is average.
We analyze course length to see if courses cover all important aspects of a topic, taking into account how long the course is compared to the category average. This course has a length of 1 hours 6 minutes, which is pretty short. This might not be a bad thing, but we've found that longer courses are often more detailed & comprehensive. The average course length for this entire category is 2 hours 51 minutes.
This course currently has a bestcourses score of 5.0/10, which makes it an average course. Overall, there are probably better courses available for this topic on our platform.
Flowers make everyone happy. the simple shapes of flowers and leaves are so easy to achieve that most of us enjoy painting them for fun. The therapeutic experience of painting these simple yet beautiful subject cannot be replaced!
Learn to create vibrant and dynamic floral illustration that stands out with a characteristic line and wash technique! This technique uses well define lines and a watercolour wash. It is a great medium for journals and sketchbooks and has been used by artists and illustrators since long.
I have also posted a detailed session on how to use a dip pen and Indian ink for your lines. Don't worry if you dont have a dip pen or ink, you can always use a gel pen or even a regular ball point pen for this purpose!
What you will learn
- Step by step instructions on how to paint floral watercolour patterns
- Dynamic floral illustration that stands out with a characteristic line and wash technique!
- Gain control of brushes to create petal and leaf shapes in a single stroke.
- gain confidence through repetition of brush strokes to create florals
- a detailed session on how to use a dip pen and Indian ink for your lines. Don't worry if you don't have a dip pen or ink, you can always use a gel pen or even a regular ball point pen for this purpose!
- Absolutely no requirements except a desire to learn watercolours